Posts tagged ‘conversion’

iPodME for mac progress

Yay! The new built-from-scratch ipodme cross-platform command-line encoder is done and working, along with the new encoding device profiles :) Need to get mono statically embedded in the app, but for now that’s not the priority.

I compiled mp4box as an universal 32b/64b osx binary in a cinch, thanks for the devs!
The last (tricky) part is now getting mplayer/mencoder build as a static binary for osx, which is a pain in a the ass (was so easy in windows :'( seems mplayer dev team doesn’t give osx much love).

After that, I’ll be more than happier to work on the most easy/exciting part: the osx GUI!

But for now, let’s get this mplayer compile fine on osx, grmmrlrl….

January 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm 8 comments

iPodME small update

Finally! I should have done this a long time ago but there was always something else in the way, still…

I just added the resolutions for the new iDevices, I hope to bring up more new features someday.

- 21/11/10 – Version 2.4:
+ added resolutions for iPad, iPod/iPhone 4 Retina and 720p (Apple TV)

Download iPodME Version 2.4 / Sources

November 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm 6 comments

iPodME quick fix

Just updated iPodME to version 2.3.
The only change is that it fixes accentuation problems with subtitles.

Download iPodME Version 2.3 / Sources

August 3, 2009 at 2:24 pm 2 comments

Final a1ctl version is coming

I know it’s been a long time that an a1ctl update was announced, but I lost some motivation as I don’t use my aspire one a lot anymore, and my free time is getting precious.

However, a final (meaning last) update of a1ctl should be released soon with the correction (hopefully) of the last bugs, and a lot of user customization functions (resolution, fan control values etc). Even is newer BIOS are released, fan control values could then still be updated manually by the users.

I’m currently integrating the Sonny’s patches into my version, I hope to have the release ready by the week end (though I’m not really good at estimating release dates ;)).

Thanks for your support all this time, I hope you’ll like this last version!

July 30, 2009 at 9:11 am 4 comments

iPodME 2.2

Again, another iPodME update that fixes several issues and adds some features requested in the comments.

I’ve made some testing, and it seems multiple subtitles support is quite unreliable for now. Using only one subtitle file / video works fine though. I’m working on it, and I’m also searching a way to support multiple audio tracks in an elegant way (iPodME’s goal is to remain simple and straightforward while being as exhaustive as possible, which is quite a hard task).

Changelog:
- 13/03/09 – Version 2.2:
+ subtitles files are now automatically converted to UTF8 format (no more mp4box UTF8 errors)
+ added a “Fix aspect ratio” option which try to correct distorted videos aspect (use it only when needed)
+ added the possibility to specify the aspect ratio in the custom profile
= updated help
= minor source license modification
= fixed bug when input has .mp4 extension causing input and output file names to be identical
= temporary files are now cleaned correctly before shutting down the computer

Download:
iPodME 2.2 / Sources

March 13, 2009 at 2:41 pm 12 comments

Quick iPodME update

Here’s a new version of iPodME, fixing the the incorrect FPS detection bug with some systems, and adding the saving of settings, as requested.

Changelog:

- 23/02/09 – Version 2.1:
+ last settings are now saved and automatically restored at start
= fixed the incorrect FPS detection bug with systems using a point as the decimal separator
= temporary files are now cleaned correctly before shutting down the computer

Download:
Version 2.1 / Sources

February 24, 2009 at 10:31 am 3 comments

iPodME updated

…and I mean, a BIG update!

It’s been a while since the last release, and some serious work have been done for the new 2.0 version! New features, faster conversion, better video quality, smaller video size and more input formats supported, what else?

Changelog:
- 12/02/09 – Version 2.0:
+ added support for soft-subtitles and multiple subtitles per video
– removed subtitles burning and DirectShow input support (AviSynth/VobSub no longer needed)
+ new input codecs supported
+ added a new encoder mode for custom profile: “output size” allow you to specify a target file size, the corresponding average bitrate will be automatically calculated (experimental).
+ output folder is now changeable
+ better remaining time estimation
= tweaked profiles to reflect last ffmpeg changes, providing faster encoding in most cases, better quality and smaller file sizes
= fixed a bug when iPodME was minimized and could be locked
= fixed some UI bugs

Download: iPodME 2.0 / Sources

February 12, 2009 at 3:48 pm 2 comments


Support my projects

Donate with PayPal! (in €)
Donate with PayPal! (in $)

Feeds

Blog Stats

  • 869,529 hits

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 25 other followers