iPodME quick fix

Just updated iPodME to version 2.3.
The only change is that it fixes accentuation problems with subtitles.

Download iPodME Version 2.3 / Sources


August 3, 2009 at 2:24 pm 2 comments

Final a1ctl version is coming

I know it’s been a long time that an a1ctl update was announced, but I lost some motivation as I don’t use my aspire one a lot anymore, and my free time is getting precious.

However, a final (meaning last) update of a1ctl should be released soon with the correction (hopefully) of the last bugs, and a lot of user customization functions (resolution, fan control values etc). Even is newer BIOS are released, fan control values could then still be updated manually by the users.

I’m currently integrating the Sonny’s patches into my version, I hope to have the release ready by the week end (though I’m not really good at estimating release dates ;)).

Thanks for your support all this time, I hope you’ll like this last version!

July 30, 2009 at 9:11 am 4 comments

iPodME 2.2

Again, another iPodME update that fixes several issues and adds some features requested in the comments.

I’ve made some testing, and it seems multiple subtitles support is quite unreliable for now. Using only one subtitle file / video works fine though. I’m working on it, and I’m also searching a way to support multiple audio tracks in an elegant way (iPodME’s goal is to remain simple and straightforward while being as exhaustive as possible, which is quite a hard task).

– 13/03/09 – Version 2.2:
+ subtitles files are now automatically converted to UTF8 format (no more mp4box UTF8 errors)
+ added a “Fix aspect ratio” option which try to correct distorted videos aspect (use it only when needed)
+ added the possibility to specify the aspect ratio in the custom profile
= updated help
= minor source license modification
= fixed bug when input has .mp4 extension causing input and output file names to be identical
= temporary files are now cleaned correctly before shutting down the computer

iPodME 2.2 / Sources

March 13, 2009 at 2:41 pm 12 comments

Quick iPodME update

Here’s a new version of iPodME, fixing the the incorrect FPS detection bug with some systems, and adding the saving of settings, as requested.


– 23/02/09 – Version 2.1:
+ last settings are now saved and automatically restored at start
= fixed the incorrect FPS detection bug with systems using a point as the decimal separator
= temporary files are now cleaned correctly before shutting down the computer

Version 2.1 / Sources

February 24, 2009 at 10:31 am 3 comments

iPodME updated

…and I mean, a BIG update!

It’s been a while since the last release, and some serious work have been done for the new 2.0 version! New features, faster conversion, better video quality, smaller video size and more input formats supported, what else?

– 12/02/09 – Version 2.0:
+ added support for soft-subtitles and multiple subtitles per video
– removed subtitles burning and DirectShow input support (AviSynth/VobSub no longer needed)
+ new input codecs supported
+ added a new encoder mode for custom profile: “output size” allow you to specify a target file size, the corresponding average bitrate will be automatically calculated (experimental).
+ output folder is now changeable
+ better remaining time estimation
= tweaked profiles to reflect last ffmpeg changes, providing faster encoding in most cases, better quality and smaller file sizes
= fixed a bug when iPodME was minimized and could be locked
= fixed some UI bugs

Download: iPodME 2.0 / Sources

February 12, 2009 at 3:48 pm 2 comments

next a1ctl version

Since I now have very little free time since I started my new job, I decided to clarify the situation on some bugs/features of the current and next a1ctl versions:

The current a1ctl version may not work (no fan control & temperature) or only partially work (no slow mode for fan control), due to some different embedded controllers in newer Aspire One models. Since I don’t own those models, I’m not able to debug what good values may be for theses new chips, unfortunately.

In order to fix a1ctl for theses models, I’m going to release a tool (with some explanations of course) on how to find these “magic” values to read and control the EC chips in charge of the fan and temperature control, so any model may become compatible with a1ctl by the simple change of these “magic” values in the .ini file.

Concerning slow mode, while it may be working for most, sometimes you may have remarked that instead of going slow, the fan blows at full speed or is completely stopped. This is because there a temperature threshold preventing slow mode to be set: under a certain temperature, slow mode “magic” value activate full speed instead of slow mode.

In order to prevent that problem, I’ve added internally a threshold (set at 37°c) in the current version under which slow mode stop the fan completely until the effective slow mode can be activated. But it seems this threshold may be too tight sometimes (and maybe different on some models), causing full speed to be activated instead of slow speed.

As for the magic values, it will be possible to change the value of this threshold in the .ini in the next version, and I will set the default one a little bit higher (40°c) to prevent temperature yo-yo problem around the “real” threshold (found at 37°c on my AA1).

Please not also that I’ve read all comments and next a1ctl version will mostly include all your feature requests, exception the overclocking feature which is not possible to realize for now.

Thanks everyone for your support.

January 23, 2009 at 2:39 pm 25 comments

a1ctl 0.4 released

Here the first stable version of my new project a1ctl, a tool enabling fan, CPU, devices control & more for the Acer Aspire One notebooks.

October 30, 2008 at 10:43 pm 38 comments

Older Posts Newer Posts

Support my projects

Donate with PayPal! (in €)
Donate with PayPal! (in $)


Blog Stats

  • 916,486 hits